What do you want to be when you grow up?  A question that is asked of children from the times they are in grade 4 till the day they finally have a career.  When talking about 19th century British North America, the beginning of public school started in the ladder half of the century.  The type of public schooling that occurred in this time in history was to prepare children to eventually work in the factories.  There was no expression of freedom, you learn what you needed to know for a job you were expected to pursue.  One comment that was made by our professor was that “how has schooling changed… or has it changed at all.”   This made me really think about the ways that schools are ran.  In my high school if you wanted to be something different than the “norm” you had to put matters into your own hands and take video conferencing courses and even online courses.  If you did not want to put in the extra effort, students would take there English 12, and one senior science.  Which for many people is okay, but for example me that was not okay.  I don’t like to be normal, honestly I like to be the complete opposite.  I want to push the boundaries of that I can be and the careers that I am able to accomplish.